As mentioned in the previous post, the beta version of the Discovery Service is updated every fortnight and a list of changes is sent to the project mailing list and posted on this blog.
Here’s the latest update from our developer Mark Winterbottom.
Technical Update (19 May, 2017)
Items completed in this sprint:
- Fixed a bug where some harvesting processes were becoming unresponsive. The issue was related to a bug in the Terraform setup scripts and is now resolved (RDD-309).
- Created a process for adding unit tests for CKAN extensions which are executed on the Strider Continuous Integration server (RDD-150).
- Got the CSW harvester working in the docker containers. However there is still some work to do on this until I can deploy it to the live state (RDD-306)
- Added Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) to the site and harvested metadata (RDD-61)
- Fixed issue with the ‘format’ and ‘language’ fields being duplicated (RDD-302)
- Attempted to harvest from Natural Environment Research Council, Archaeology Data Service and UK Data Archive however I am having issues with the endpoints (I’m working with the site contacts to resolve these).
- Worked on CKAN extension that allows us to dynamically configure the field mappings in the config (RDD-303).
Focusing on next
The next sprint will be focused around adding the remaining Phase 2 data centres (when the endpoints are accessible) and the Phase 3 participants.
That’s the end of this update. If you would like any further information about the project, or contact details, check the project page on the Jisc website.