Here’s the latest update from our developer Mark Winterbottom.
Technical Update (19 May, 2017)
Items completed in this sprint:
- Fixed a bug where some harvesting processes were becoming unresponsive. The issue was related to a bug in the Terraform setup scripts and is now resolved (RDD-309).
- Created a process for adding unit tests for CKAN extensions which are executed on the Strider Continuous Integration server (RDD-150).
- Got the CSW harvester working in the docker containers. However there is still some work to do on this until I can deploy it to the live state (RDD-306)
- Added Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) to the site and harvested metadata (RDD-61)
- Fixed issue with the ‘format’ and ‘language’ fields being duplicated (RDD-302)
- Attempted to harvest from Natural Environment Research Council, Archaeology Data Service and UK Data Archive however I am having issues with the endpoints (I’m working with the site contacts to resolve these).
- Worked on CKAN extension that allows us to dynamically configure the field mappings in the config (RDD-303).
Focusing on next
The next sprint will be focused around adding the remaining Phase 2 data centres (when the endpoints are accessible) and the Phase 3 participants.
That’s the end of this update. If you would like any further information about the project, or contact details, check the project page on the Jisc website.